Harrison B. Photography

Harrison B. Photography
(All rights reserved to Harrison B. Photography 2010)

About Me

I am a young photographer who has a true passion for photography and the environment. I have just started my second year of photography at the Nova Scotia Community College, on the east coast of Canada. I am constantly working to take my photography to the next level. I deliver high quality work, in all aspects of photography. Conservation and creative portraits are my inspiration. I strive to show the raw beauty of the worlds most pristine but threatened ecosystems and their inhabitants, both on land and underwater, as a conservation photographer. If you are interested in my work or you have any questions please feel free to contact me at, (harrisonburtonphotography@live.com). You can view and purchase my work at my site: (http://archive.harrisonbphotography.com)

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Departing for Tanzania!



Hey everyone! Departing for Tanzania tomorrow!!! I'm super excited. I just received the itinerary for the trip so you can all get a feel for my experience with the tourism crew in Tanzania. There have been so many variables when planning this mission but I could not have done any of this without so much help form my friends and family. I can't thank you guys enough! I am so thankful for everything in my life. This opportunity has been made a reality because of you guys! You all know who you are:).

I am departing tomorrow morning, the 6th of may, at 10:45. Here is the itinerary/basic layout of the trip:

International Tourism Study Expedition (10 people)

7th May 10: Arrival at the Dar es Salaam airport pick up and transfer to Econo Lodge, for dinner and overnight,

8th May 10: After breakfast pick up from hotel for Makumbusho for a lecture history of Tanzania its people and culture, later have a traditional lunch, leisure, and later transfer in the afternoon drive through beach for sightseeing, after drive to Econo lodge for dinner and overnight

9th May 10: Early in the morning drive to Bagamoyo one of East Africa’s old towns, do activities and later dinner and overnight at Bagamoyo hotel through Msata, with parked lunch, do activities there and dinner and overnight at Bagamoyo.

10th May 10: Early in the morning after breakfast do the old town tour and later drive to Mikumi through Msata, with parked lunch, through the Uluguru Mountains in Morogoro, with lunch enroute, to VETA for dinner and overnight.

11th – 14th May 10: Full day activities in Mikumi and around, and dinner and overnight at VETA

15th May 10: Early in the morning after breakfast do activities around Mikumi and later in the day drive to the Mikumi Genesis Hotel, check in and later drive to Mikumi National park for lunch at the Wildlife Camp, after lunch do evening sunset game drives, later drive back to Genesis Hotel for dinner and overnight.

16th May 10: Early in the morning drive to Mikumi National park, to do Sunrise game drives and later drive back to Dar es Salaam, dinner and overnight at Econo Lodge
17th May 10: Early in the morning after breakfast drive to the ferry to catch early boat to Zanzibar. On arrival pick up and transfer to hotel for check in at Zanzibar Safari Lodge and then use the afternoon to go for interesting tour of the historic stone town (slave market/ historic sites). Later head back to hotel for dinner and overnight.

18th May 10: After breakfast; depart for spice tour and later drive to Jozani National Park for tour, expect to see rare red colobus monkeys found only in Zanzibar and many more and thereafter transfer to hotel for leisure at the beach and overnight at Page Ndame Hotel, bed and breakfast.

19th May 10: After breakfast leisure at the beach and later transfer to the Air port for departure back to Dar es Salaam, pick up at airport and transfer to Econo lodge for dinner and overnight.

20th May 10: Full day with day to day activities in Dar es Salaam and later back to Econo lodge for dinner and overnight.

21st May 10: Pick up from hotel and later transfer to the airport to catch flight back home.

I am so excited! I have all my gear ready and lots of stuff for the kids over in Dar es Salaam. Wish me luck and once again thank you all for your on going support. Check back for more updates for the duration of my stay in Tanzania.

Cheers!

Harrison B.

*Harrison B. Photography*










No comments:

Post a Comment